Broadhursts of Southport Ltd is one of the oldest second-hand and antiquarian bookshops in the country,having been established in 1920 by Charles Kenyon Broadhurst who many years later became President of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association(ABA).
The business has traded continuously since then on four floors of our listed mid-nineteenth century building in the centre of Southport. The ground floor is occupied by our New Bookshop,and the other three floors comprise an extensive Childrens Department,eight second-hand book rooms containing upwards of 100.000 titles on most subjects,and two large Rare Book Rooms with a wide and interesting selection of material.
Recently an annexe was added to house our considerable stock of Aviation and Military titles. In addition to books,we stock a varied selection of 18th-20th C.prints and maps and operate a bookbinding and restoration service. Our stock is added to constantly with new material coming in every week and we are always keen to purchase interesting items from single copies to whole libraries. Distance no object.
Southport is a pleasant Victorian seaside town on the North West coast of Lancashire halfway between Liverpool and Preston and with easy access to the rail and motorway networks.(M.6 :M.58) Apart from ourselves there are two other second-hand booksellers in the Town,so a day in Southport can be profitably spent by all book-collectors.